Believe it or not, one of our highest quality products that we sell is also one of our least known about. When a lot of people think about rust preventative coatings they think about Rust Destroyer, Ospho, Rustoleum, and others. Little do people know, Martin Mathys Noxyde vastly outperforms all other rust coatings and has a C5-M Corrosion rating (which is the highest rating you can receive).
As you can see, the Noxyde and Peganox (which is also made by Martin Mathys) completely manhandle all of the competition. For comparisons sake, Rust Destroyer would be the one that is the third from the top.
Many industrial projects use Martin Mathys Noxyde and Peganox for the rust preventative and paint coatings. From subway systems to this little bridge you may have heard of called the Golden Gate Bridge. Here is the information on the paint they used to redo the Golden Gate Bridge in 2012: Golden Gate Bridge Noxyde PDF
As you can see, Martin Mathys Noxyde is an amazing product to use for rust.
Powerpoint Slideshow (click on the slide to change it)
Noxyde is a single-component, elastomeric acrylic coating system that provides unrivaled rust-proofing, corrosion, and waterproofing protection based on water dispersed high polymers.
Waterproof – elastic (200 %) – impact resisting – free from lead. Excellent protection against rust, weather influences and many chemicals.
On iron, steel, special alloys, galvanised and metallised iron and steel, aluminium, copper, zinc, lead, etc. as rust prevention or waterproofing. Diluted with 25% water as an adhesion primer coat on slightly or non porous substrates such as glass, smooth bricks and concrete, ceramics, tiles, etc.
Benefits and Properties
- Noxyde is an outstanding rust preventive coating with exceptional adhesion to virtually any substrate.
- It is supplied ready to use and can be applied by brush, roller or airless spray.
- Noxyde is a water borne coating that dries to leave an extremely tough, flexible (200% elasticity).
- Rust preventative coating that is impermeable to water, and highly resistant to salt spray and polluting atmospheres.
- With powerful rust inhibiting pigments but no lead and no organic solvents there are no toxic or flammable vapors.
- Noxyde can be used for protection of virtually all metal work and is especially suitable for the protection of external cladding, roofs, steetwork, tank exteriors etc….
For ultra-rugged protection in aggressive environments, choose Noxyde Elastomeric Acrylic Coating. This heavy-duty, water-based formula provides one-coat coverage and flexible durability on new or minimally prepared steel, metals and concrete.
- Resists corrosion, rust and water—even in severe marine environments1; 10-year warranty2
- 200% elasticity—bridges small cracks, moves with structure, protects edges
- Performs like zinc/epoxy coatings without the need to abrasive-blast clean
- Single-component, self-priming, high-build; minimal surface prep required
- Meets USDA requirements for incidental food contact; accepted for use in federally registered Canadian food facilities; low VOCs3
1Certified by The Coatings Research Institute, Belgium, for corrosivity class C5-M High per ISO Standard 12944
Technical Data Sheets :